See New York City like never before in the Shorewalker’s epic urban hike, The Great Saunter! On Saturday May 6th 2017 celebrate the 32nd annual Great Saunter, covering 32-miles of beautiful waterfront and more than 20 parks along Manhattan’s incredible shorelines. Raise awareness of our parks, maintain the Westside promenades, restore the Eastside Greenway, redevelop the Harlem River, and connect the Greenway into a continuous path around the world’s most fascinating island!
Membership and Participation
- Membership to Shorewalkers must be in current standing to participate in the Great Saunter (renewals are required for expired memberships on or before May 8, 2017).
- Online registration for the Great Saunter includes a one-year membership to Shorewalkers.
- Guests who register online before April 15, 2017 will receive their Great Saunter materials by US Mail to the address in your member profile.
- Guests who register after April 15, 2017 must bring their registration receipt to the Registration Site on the day of the event to receive their materials.
- Day of the event registration (participants who register on May 6th in person) for the Great Saunter will not include a membership or a renewal to Shorewalkers.
- All registrations by US Mail (renewals or new memberships) must be received by March 24, 2017 (6 weeks in advance of The Great Saunter) to allow time for processing.
If this is your first time walking in the Great Saunter CLICK HERE to register.
If you are a Shorewalker Member or have previously walked in the Great Saunter CLICK HERE to register.
7:00 A.M. Registration Opens-at Fraunces Tavern (54 Pearl Street--Broad Street; New York NY 10004)7:30 A.M. The Great Saunter begins!!!9:30 A.M. Late Registration (West 42nd Street & Hudson Greenway by the Circle Line Terminal) 11:00 A.M Pass beneath Riverbank State Park (West 138th Street--restrooms available on the upper level in the park)12:00 P.M. Break-The Little Red Lighthouse (at the George Washington Bridge/West 178th Street) 1:00 P.M. Break-Inwood Hill Park: near the flagpole (West 214th Street)4:00 P.M. Break-Carl Schurz Park on the East River Promenade (south side of the park at East 84th Street)7:00 P.M. Certificates handed out and celebrate your Saunter at Fraunces Tavern!
For even more information, preparation, news articles, pictures go to our Great Saunter Page by clicking on: The Great Saunter